Friday 13 March 2015

S.S. St.Louis

I agree with Canada's treatment of the refugees because i believe that if we did not have the money to keep them in Canada then we shouldn't have too.Canada made a responsible move because if we did bring them in then the economy would have been even worse and at that time we could not have that. It was also good because because we could have in the depression everyone was freaking out and if we brought in a bunch of refugees then there might have been a riot. There might have been a riot because people might have gotten mad that we brought inn a bunch of people that we didn't have money to keep here. I think Canada made a responsible and wise decision by doing what they did.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you are trying to say. But I wonder if maybe people getting mad isn't a good enough reason not to do the 'right' thing. I guess if you think that the decision was strictly economic, then you may be able to argue it was responsible.
    I think it was was a racist decision not to let the Jews in. I don't think that it is responsible to allow people to hold on to their racist views so they don't get mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the point you made , given the circumstances of the time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the point you made , given the circumstances of the time

    ReplyDelete